Alberta First Nations
Ray grew up in a number of places but most of his youth was spent at Sucker Creek First Nation, in northern Alberta. He is one of six children, the son of Harold Cardinal (deceased) and Maisie Cardinal. Ray did his undergraduate work at the University of Saskatchewan and his Master of Arts at the University of Arizona. He has one son.
- IAMC Indigenous Caucus member (Alberta First Nations)
- Paul First Nation Industry Relations Manager
- Senior Advisor, Aboriginal Business & Workforce Development (Shell Canada)
- Chief of Staff, Sucker Creek First Nation
- Consultant, Harold Cardinal & Associates
"I chose to get involved with the IAMC because I believe it is important that First Nations should be involved in processes that impact them. This position has given me the opportunity to work with multiple federal government departments and regulators to discuss Treaty rights issues."